Identification & Background:
Project title: FAIRWork – flexibilization of complex Ecosystems using Democratic AI-based Decision Support and Recommendation Systems at Work
Region of intervention:No. 101069499
Main objkective: FAIRWork project provides a decision support system that integrates digital twins to optimize the overall production process according to multiple parameters, and democratizes decision making granting human workers and machines a say during decision making. Each demand is consolidated to achieve decision support, which is optimized.
Region of intervention: 5 European Union countries including Austria, Italy, Romania, Germany, Portugal, and one partner from Norway.
BOC Products & Services AG – BOC Products & Services AG (Project Leader)
Jotne – JOTNE EPM TECHNOLOGY AS
CENTRO RICERCHE FIAT – CENTRO RICERCHE FIAT SCPA
Flex – S.C. FLEXTRONICS ROMANIA S.R.L.
Flex Althofen – Flextronics Internation GmbH
RWTH AACHEN – RHEINISCH-WESTFAELISCHE TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE AACHEN
JOANNEUM RESEARCH – JOANNEUM RESEARCH FORSCHUNGSGESELLSCHAFT MBH
OMILAB GGMBH – OMILAB GGMBH
MORE – Mountains of Research Collaborative Laboratory
Approval date: 2022-03-11
Start date: 2022–09-01
Conclusion date: 2025-08-31
Total eligible investment: 2.979.375,00 €
Financial support of the European Union: 2.979.375,00 €
- Improve Flexibility: Enabling decision support in more complex and timely situations and considering the consequences of decisions.
- Raising the competence of decision support by involving humans and AI interpretation together with digital shadows and twins and data. Hence, the uncertainty of decisions is reduced.
- Strengthening the perception of trust and fairness as stakeholders cooperate in decision-making or rely on self-calibrated and therefore approved mechanisms.
- Strengthening the Effect of energy efficiency, as energy relevant parameters can be treated during decision support.
- Reduce stress situations caused by unforeseen events as several predictive simulations are performed in advance.
- Improve optimisation of multiple parameters to reduce time, costs, energy consumption by equal or better quality.
- Improve reliability and compliance: Legal, business, social, energy regulations are built into decision-making.
The activities are organised into eight Work Packages (WP) described below:
- WP1 – Project Management;
- WP2 – Specification of FAIRWork Use Case and DAI-DSS Prototype;
- WP3 – Research on DAI-DSS;
- WP4 – Development of DAI-DSS;
- WP5 – Demonstration of FAIRWork at Use Case Site;
- WP6 – Evaluation of FAIRWork;
- WP7 – Communication, Dissemination and Training.
- WP8 – Exploitation and Sustainability.
- Democratic AI-based Decision Support System (DAI-DSS):
- DAI-DSS – Orchestrator for complex process optimization which can added-on to existing legacy system.
- DAI-DSS – Configurator moddeling processes and decisions for transparency and central management.
- DAI-DSS – Knowledge base enriching legacy systems.
- DAI-DSS – AI enrichment: Collection of AI-based algorithm for optimization, autonomous negotiation and prediction, which can be individually adapted and used.
- Method and Tools toward FAIRWork:
- Method and Guidelines to asses and approve AI to aiming for Trustworthiness, which will be integrated in the DAI-DSS configurator but can also be used in other tools.
- Process-Based Decision Models for multiple input parameters in form of an open specification to enable the re-use independently of the DAI-DSS realisation.
- Models and Concepts to integrate AI, Data, Human and Robots in form of publications, reports and data to archive the results in an open, royalty-free way.
Avenida Cidade de Léon, 506
+351 300 081 998
+351 300 081 999